Odds & Sods Review

Odds and Sods
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
Are you looking to buy Odds & Sods? Here is the right place to find the great deals. we can offer discounts of up to 90% on Odds & Sods. Check out the link below:

>> Click Here to See Compare Prices and Get the Best Offers

Odds & Sods ReviewI loved the original Odds & Sods, and eagerly awaited the reissue. After all, I had known for years that there were dozens of Who outtakes that had yet to be collected (and I owned on bottlegs), so hearing official releases would be a treat.
Of course, I hadn't counted on Jon Astley, Pete Townshend's brother-in-law and the "producer" of the re-issue. I knew from earlier reissues that Astley couldn't leave well enough alone, and had remixed Quadrophenia and Who Are You and other albums to the point where they were *too* different from the original release. But his work here is unbelievably sloppy.
The original album was great; alas, here Astley agains feels the need to fade out "I'm The Face," and play around with "Naked Eye." Still, it is the new tracks which suffer most.
For instance, he includes "Under My Thumb"--and forgot to mix in the electric guitar (easily heard on Who's Missing)! He put on the WRONG studio version of "Young Man Blues"; instead of the dynamic version included on a Track sampler, we get what is obviously an outtake that is too slow and lethargic. And it sounds as if he remastered "My Way" off a bootleg.
On the other hand, we get "Cousin Kevin/Model Child," "Time Is Passing," "We Close Tonight" and a number of great tunes. Still a good album. But it should have been much better.
And where is "Do You Want Kids, Kids?", "Dogs Part II," "Waspman," "When I Was A Boy" and dozens of other Who classics? Who knows. I keep waiting for Odds and Sods II, but it doesn't appear to be coming. On the other hand, I've read that the Shel Talmy tapes are finally going to remastered, and the Who are recording a new record.Odds & Sods OverviewDigitally remastered reissue of 1985 album featuring Paul Weller. 15 tracks including 'Walls Come Tumbling Down', 'Cometo Milton Keynes' and 'Boy Who Cried Wolf'. When first released in the States this album was known as 'Internationalists'. 2000 release. Standard jewel case.--This text refers to an alternate Audio CD edition.

Want to learn more information about Odds & Sods?

>> Click Here to See All Customer Reviews & Ratings Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment