Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)Are you looking to buy Prologue? Here is the right place to find the great deals. we can offer discounts of up to 90% on Prologue. Check out the link below:
>> Click Here to See Compare Prices and Get the Best Offers
Prologue ReviewI am surprised that I am the first person to write a review on this absolutely dreadful CD. I am a HUGE Elton fan and bought this CD for the purely historical value of it - that being early recordings of Elton John in the late 1960s. Elton's recordings are fine. It is this CD that is the problem!First of all, don't buy this if you are a casual Elton John fan. This CD is for the Elton completist only! I have just about everything this magnificent talent has ever done (including his rare Legendary Covers compilation, which is great) and I wish now even I would have passed this one by. Simply put, it bites! Not Elton, mind you - just this recording.Some specifics: The cover art you see advertised is not what you will be getting. It is instead a cheesy picture of Elton with a horse. Worse is that this Japanese import is apparently for the Japanese only. Everything in the liner notes is written in Japanese so the listener has no clue to what he or she is listening to or can read any of the background information on the songs. But, here is the worst.... The entire CD is transferred from vinyl. And HORRIBLE vinyl at that!! I find it hard to believe that the original masters of any Elton recordings are missing. But, even if they are, I'm sure the Japanese who put this CD together could have found a better slab of hot wax for their transfers. The vinyl is very distracting to the music. Many, MANY pops and scratches. What's more - the last four tracks on the CD are not even Elton John. They are a female vocalist. Perhaps that is Elton on piano but, who knows! Because, everything is written in Japanese!! And, no clue who the female vocalist is! The Elton John recordings of Nick Drake penned tunes are actually good, however. I just wish I could hear them without the snap, crackle and pop of this poorly recorded CD. I would almost bet Sir Elton is not thrilled with this release either! What is interesting about these early recordings is hearing how Elton was already a unique talent even with someone else's compositions. They sound very much like Elton John tunes. Of special merit is the track "The Day Is Done." Now, if only I could hear it without the pops in the background.Prologue OverviewWant to learn more information about Prologue?
>> Click Here to See All Customer Reviews & Ratings Now
0 comments:
Post a Comment