Prowler in the Yard Review

Prowler in the Yard
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
Are you looking to buy Prowler in the Yard? Here is the right place to find the great deals. we can offer discounts of up to 90% on Prowler in the Yard. Check out the link below:

>> Click Here to See Compare Prices and Get the Best Offers

Prowler in the Yard ReviewDear God, this is one messed-up album. "Prowler In the Yard" represents nothing less than a milestone in the evolution of extremity, making much of what was once considered extreme sound downright quaint. I suppose if I had to come up with an analogy I'd say listening to this album is comparable to having your brains put in a blender, but even that doesn't quite cut it. To those looking for old-fashioned devices like melody, verse-chorus structures, and conventional rhythms, all I can say is: ha! You won't find any of that stuff here, just track after track of deranged grindcore played at speeds ranging from midtempo to about mach 3. After the (rather disturbing) intro of "Jennifer," the band bursts out of the gate with "Cheerleader Corpses" and doesn't let up until the (equally disturbing) outro of "Piss Angel." Rather than standing out as individual compositions the tracks tend to bleed into one another, coalescing into a stunning onslaught of noise that's superbly crafted to create a mood of the utmost insanity.
Perhaps most importantly, these guys have a great deal of talent for a bunch of crazed noise freaks. Scott Hull is a riffmeister of the highest order, deftly mixing indescribable heaviness with hyperkinetic fretboard wankery. Brian Harvey's drumming is as maniacal and technical as any I've ever heard on a grindcore album, delivering plenty of the expected blastbeats without sacrificing variety. And topping it all off is the awe-inspiring vocal performance of J.R. Hayes, whose voice is perhaps the most demented these ears have ever had the privilege of hearing. Making the typical death metal vocalist sound sort of like Michael Bolton, J.R.'s bloodthirsty scream perfectly drives home the twisted atmosphere that Pig Destroyer so effortlessly conjure up.
I actually wound up getting this album at a very good time, as I was beginning to think I'd heard it all. "Prowler In The Yard" turned out to be just what my jaded ears needed to hear. These guys are easily right up there with bands like Nasum, Soilent Green, and the Dillinger Escape Plan in revolutionizing the art of noise craftsmanship. If you're looking for something that's sure to offend all normal and well-adjusted people, it doesn't get much better than this.Prowler in the Yard Overview

Want to learn more information about Prowler in the Yard?

>> Click Here to See All Customer Reviews & Ratings Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment