Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)Are you looking to buy Keely Sings Sinatra? Here is the right place to find the great deals. we can offer discounts of up to 90% on Keely Sings Sinatra. Check out the link below:
>> Click Here to See Compare Prices and Get the Best Offers
Keely Sings Sinatra ReviewI was a bit young and so missed Keely Smith from her heyday has a Las Vegas singer. I really only knew her from her famous recording of "Old Black Magic," with her then husband, Louis Prima. A friend recently gave me a Capitol CD of her singing from the late 50s and I enjoyed her gorgeous voice and excellent style. So when I noticed she made a recording of songs in tribute to Frank Sinatra, I was curious. But calculating her age to be around 70 today, I thought "my, she's ambitious." I checked out the excellent reviews on Amazon.com and decided to take the plunge. I'm glad I did. This is the pop album of the year so far. Smith is in extraordinary form, singing out, never shying from top notes, displaying an still impressive breathing technique, and she swings as well as Ole Blue Eyes at his best. I spent the weekend playing the CD over and over again, even to enthusiastic dinner guests on Saturday night, who were as bowled over as I was.Smith establishes the cocky, confident and exciting Sinatra persona on the first track with a slowly insinuating "South of the Border." But you don't always have Sinatra in mind as she works her magic on "I've Got A Crush on You," "Night and Day," "I'll Never Smile Again," "Dream," "Angel Eyes," "New York, New York," "All The Way," "It Was A Very Good Year," "My Way," and others. My absolute favorite on the CD is an amazingly fresh and vibrant account of "I've Got You Under My Skin." Keely Smith is superbly backed by the Frank Capp Orchestra. Arrangements include several by the legendary Billy May. The packaging is superb. All I can say is GET THIS!!!
We've seen a lot of comebacks of the great pop singers of yesterday--Rosemary Clooney, Barbara Cook, Jack Jones, Shirley Horne, Nina Simone, Vic Damone, and so many others. Until now, Cook has been the only singer who didn't have to make vocal concessions to her age, and is still singing superbly well in to her 70s. Keely Smith has got the chops of a 30-year-old. And if I can ever get to hear this lady live, I'm gonna be in the first row. Keely Smith can sing kids 40 years younger than her off the stage!Keely Sings Sinatra OverviewLimited Edition Japanese pressing of this album comes housed in a miniature LP sleeve. SSJ. 2007.
Want to learn more information about Keely Sings Sinatra?
>> Click Here to See All Customer Reviews & Ratings Now
0 comments:
Post a Comment