Tom & Joyce Review

Tom and Joyce
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
Are you looking to buy Tom & Joyce? Here is the right place to find the great deals. we can offer discounts of up to 90% on Tom & Joyce. Check out the link below:

>> Click Here to See Compare Prices and Get the Best Offers

Tom & Joyce ReviewWhen I heard that Tom & Joyce had finally released an album, I had to get it. Just like with Reminiscence Quartet, S-Tone Inc. and Los Ladrones, they were a group that I was dying to add to my collection. Needless to say, it came out first in Europe and that was my chance - and it was well worth the wait.
How to describe their style? They touch on all sorts of avenues - from acoustic to festive - but mostly acoustic. They are French, but Joyce speaks fluent Portuguese. They aren't quite the jazzy feel of a Reminiscence Quartet, and if you expect all of their tracks to be like Vai Minha Tristeza, I admit you will probably be slightly disappointed. What is in this disc is a nice blend of rifts, relaxing melodies, up-beat music and tracks with a latin twang... in a French sort of way.
The CD starts out with "Para Bailar", as heard on Nueva Bossa Nova compilation, then goes into an admittedly "cheesy" bossa nova sould in "Partir" before going into the upbeat regular edit of "Queixume". Then comes "Domingo", a downtempo acoustic track highlighting Joyce's voice. Then you kick up again into "Sem Voce" before the CD winds down again into"Un Regard, Un Sourire". Next is my favorite track "Bonito"... The remainder of the album is stellar: "Relaxin", "Vai Minha Tristeza", "Uma Lagrima", and finally, it ends out with "Paradiso".
The Tom & Joyce CD that I have does not have the two bonus tracks - I don't believe. But rest assured I'd love to hera them. I love this album, and the instrumentation is fantastic. Definitely pick this up if you're into Smoke City... and if you like this CD and don't have Smoke City, you'll probably want to purchase them as well. Christian Franck from Smoke City actually contributed to this album. Perfect memory of the summer. Enjoy!!Tom & Joyce Overview

Want to learn more information about Tom & Joyce?

>> Click Here to See All Customer Reviews & Ratings Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment