Hoots and Hellmouth Review

Hoots and Hellmouth
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
Are you looking to buy Hoots and Hellmouth? Here is the right place to find the great deals. we can offer discounts of up to 90% on Hoots and Hellmouth. Check out the link below:

>> Click Here to See Compare Prices and Get the Best Offers

Hoots and Hellmouth ReviewI first saw Hoots and Hellmouth at the XPN Festival in Philly in 2006, they played an amazing set right before the massive thunderstorms rolled in. I was so blown away I had to get my hands on some of their music, problem was that they had no albums released. Well I waited a whole year to get my hands on this album. Expectations were high and in the end I felt a little disappointed first listen through, mainly that the production is too clean for this style of music. The better tracks are the ones that sound as if they were recorded live-you can feel the passion on such tracks as Home in a Boxcar, Home for supper and This hand is a mighty hand. I wish this flowed throughout the album. However second time through I can honestly say each song grew on me and had me tappinn along. An early favorite is the closer West of Where the Sun goes down. I highly recommend this album if you like the roots rock of Avett Brothers, folkism of Josh Ritter or you just want to hear some good tunes. However I also suggest you catch these guys live-hell of a show...I just hope they put out a live album sooner then later so those unable to make a show can get on board.Hoots and Hellmouth OverviewProduced in collaboration with fellow Philadelphian BrianMcTear (Capitol Years, Matt Pond PA, Bigger Lovers) at his MinerStreet/Cycle Sound Studio, the album gives powerful evidence that the bandhas concocted a musical blend of roots/revival sensibility with a healthydose of rock n' roll energy that is all their own.Starting with the coreinstrumentation of two guitars (Hoots and Hellmouth), mandolin (RobBerliner), upright bass (Tim Celfo), three-part harmony vocals and footstomps, the band worked in conjunction with McTear to flesh out each song,adding drums, organ, additional voices and the occasional accordionflourish. From the gospel fury of the opening track, "Want On Nothing," to the subtleunderstated beauty of "Backwoods Don't Lie," Hoots & Hellmouth'sself-titled debut presents a startling range of musical depth.Dedicationto the craft of songwriting is the common thread that connects songs suchas the folk-inflected "Forks & Knives," which leans heavily on the moretraditional aspects of Americana, to the modern soulfulness of "West OfWhere The Sun Goes Down" as it incorporates a swirling mélange ofpsychedelic organ and walls of vocals that leave the listener enraptured,enveloped, enamored.Hoots feels that "working with Brian really helped usto hone in on what each song demanded of us...we became mere channels forthe greater power of the music."The resulting record speaks for itself inexuberant tones.--This text refers to an alternate Audio CD edition.

Want to learn more information about Hoots and Hellmouth?

>> Click Here to See All Customer Reviews & Ratings Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment